It’s never too early to begin taking precautions to secure your home. Whether it’s preventing break-ins or ensuring safety from potential fires, taking the right steps to secure your home can help you sleep easy and provide you with peace of mind.
To help you get started, here are 7 essential steps to ensure safer security for your home.
What is Safer Security for Your Home, and What are the Benefits of Having It?
The fact is, intruders only have to be in your home for 60 seconds before they’re able to take things and flee. That’s because many home security systems are designed to protect you after an intruder enters your home, rather than before they enter. This allows you to protect your home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- Helping you save money on your electric bills
- Helping you save money on your homeowner’s insurance
- Helping to reduce break-ins altogether
- Providing fewer false alarms and less frustration
- Helping you cut down on long-term costs
- Allowing you to remotely control your home
- Helping keep intruders away by notifying police and monitoring 24/7
- Improving the property value of your home by alerting authorities of break-ins
- Helping save you the hassle of moving if an intruder gains entry to your home
- Helping you sleep easier knowing you’re protected
- Helping you avoid having fraudulent claims filed on your homeowner’s insurance
- Helping you prevent intruders from entering
- Helping you avoid the hassle of false alarms
Safer Security Solutions for Your Home: An Overview
When securing your home, there are a number of security solutions. Of course, given how much crime is committed each and every day, it’s important that you take your safety seriously, so let’s look at some different types of security solutions you might consider installing.
For those who are looking for a free or low-cost solution, there are alarm monitoring services you can use.
While this is not the most technically-advanced way to keep your home and family safe, considering the cost, you can expect that monitoring services provide additional security.
Whenever a sensor is triggered or an alarm sounds, the monitoring team will call you and let you know what’s wrong. You then have the chance to take action yourself or call the police, and depending on the time, you have greater chances of home safety.
These services are especially reliable, and Why don’t all homes have a monitoring service, you may be wondering? Well, the cost is typically higher but quite worth it. After all, those systems do need to be powered 24/7, so it’s no small task to maintain a 24/7 service.
A professionally monitored system is the best option for home or business owners who want to continuously monitor their home’s security.
With professionally monitored systems, a team of professional security guards is on standby to respond to any false alerts or break-ins.
Finally, if you’ve had a bad experience with home security products in the past, don’t worry, smart home solutions are better than ever.
Monitoring, IP Cameras, Smart Locks, and more are also excellent options that enable you to keep an eye on your home and/or possessions.
Understand the Importance of Having a Safer Security System for Your Home
Essentially, protecting the people in your home is important. It is not only easy but common to be tempted by the low prices of many of the do-it-yourself security systems at retailers such as Home Depot and Lowe’s. Keep in mind that these offers are often too good to be true.
Anyone can get these low prices and this really depends on a person’s effort. It takes more effort to buy a security system that would be installed by a professional company. Most times, there are much lower prices available to people who are willing to wait a few extra minutes.
Keep in mind that the more complex the system, the more expensive it will be. It should be understood that a person will probably spend a lot more money when shopping for security systems in retail locations than it is possible to spend on a system that is professionally installed.
Focus more strongly on using a company that provides the most security possible than on saving money. Instead, it could be suggested that a person should spend a little extra money or do something significant. It is wise for a person to research online extensively or as a final step, to talk to an expert. This ensures that the best option is chosen.
Many companies offer great deals, so it is easy to find a quality system at a good price. Again, it pays to shop around and make sure that the security system is of the highest quality and within the budget.
7 Tips for Creating a Safer Home Security System
A professional home security company can design a custom security system that caters to your specific needs. Whether you live in an apartment, house, townhouse, retirement community, high-rise, condominium, or other types of residential home, our home security systems can be as simple or as complex as you would like. (see also how to choose the right wired home security systems for your homes and business)
Our teams have decades of home security design and installation experience. They’ve worked with luxury homes, single-family homes, and properties with high-tech security systems.
Here are some tips to consider when starting to plan your home security system:
1. Start with you: What type of home do you live in and do you have valuables to protect? Do you have children (or pets) that need to be secured? Do you have doors that receive lots of traffic that you want to keep secure? Do you fear intruders? All of these questions can help you determine the way you should keep your home safe from burglary, and our technicians can sit down with you to discuss potential options.
2. Consult with our experts: Our teams of qualified home security designers can help you develop a plan that helps you protect your home using the latest technology that increases your home security. Here are some of the things our security consultants can accomplish:
• Design a home alarm system, and help you select a monitoring service.
• Consult about how to manage false alarms.
• Discuss any vulnerabilities that we may have in your home’s security, and help you reduce them.
3. Shop: We have so many amazing technologies in our home security arsenal. Our designers use design software to show you how your home will look with a security system. We can show you real, functional pictures of our homes with the systems installed, so you can decide whether or not the technology is what your home needs. We’ll also be able to walk you through the features of each system, so you’ll know exactly what you’re getting.
4. Install: Our certified and professional installation technicians will come to your home and install your security system step by step. Each tech in training has to complete hundreds of hours of hands-on training. Aside from their formal training and education, our team members are also required to take a battery of tests that are administered by our executive team. This process ensures that our technicians are qualified, dedicated, and committed to our customers, and are confident in installing our security systems the right way.
5. Troubleshooting: Our monitoring centers constantly monitor our customers’ security systems. Our support teams are also available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have or troubleshoot any issues that may arise. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and our teams are always standing by to help you.
6. Maintenance: We are dedicated to keeping our customers safe and secure. We offer regular maintenance and check-ups on your security system, ensuring that it is working efficiently and effectively to provide the highest level of protection for you and your home. We also offer upgrades and additional services to ensure you have the latest and most advanced security systems available.
7. Training: Our technicians are certified professionals who are trained and experienced in all aspects of installing and maintaining security systems. They are also trained in our latest security products and services, so you can rest assured that you are getting the best possible advice and guidance when it comes to installing and maintaining your security system.
Have Motion Detector Lights Outside
Motion-sensor outdoor lights not only leave your house looking more secure, but they are a more affordable option than many home security upgrades. When potential burglars check out a property, they typically avoid homes that look more secure, so by adding motion-sensor lights and a high perimeter fence around your property, you show potential burglars that your home can’t be robbed without facing consequences.
Utilize Home Automation Technology
Some of the key benefits of home automation include: (check also how to tie home security and home automation together)
1. Eliminate manual entry – automate your systems!
2. Enhance security – a thief is less likely to break into a secured home with smart technology.
3. Minimize energy usage and bills – some features of your home can be controlled via your phone from anywhere.
4. Have peace of mind – with home automation system, you have the ability to control your holiday lights, garage door (check here on how to properly secure your garage doors) and security locks when you’re away for winters, coast or wherever
5. Theft prevention devices of other property – Many of the home automation systems incorporate plug ins for theft prevention that can provide insurance against some situations.
Tips for Safer Security in Your Home: Keyless Entry Systems
Home security systems are undeniably beneficial, especially if you are a renter. And if you are a homeowner, the convenience of home automation and the ability of your security system to act like a brain for your home can we expect to get even more bothersome.
With so many new options out there, how do you decide which is best for you?
Well, if you’re looking to get the most convenience and flexibility, we’re going to recommend a keyless entry system with multiple access options. Among the best is because not only does it include a keypad remote, but you can also include a keypad on your entry door. This gives you tremendous flexibility and the ability to keep the system captured as part of home automation.
As you develop your smart home, you will undoubtedly want a system that can act not only as a home security system, but a home automation hub. And the best way to ensure this happens is to choose a keyless entry system that is both flexible and as easy to use as possible.
With systems like this, you will never have to fumble for your keys again!
Stop Potential Break-ins with Smart Locks
Smart locks, or ‘IoT locks’ combine the convenience and security of traditional locks with the accessibility of mobile phones.
Smart locks have an app so you can easily control the locks remotely. You may also be able to schedule access times for guests, or lock and unlock them remotely. Some smart locks we’ve used include a touchscreen controller that we can use to program or override any manual codes.
The locks are also connected to your home network, allowing them to communicate with your smart home devices. With automatic shut-down features, the Internet of Things locks can be programmed to make it appear like people are still at home even when they’re really long gone.
They can even be used to secure secondary doors and other belongings, with distance detection technology that senses when you’re within 15m of the lock and unlocks it automatically.
They are more expensive than traditional locks, but they cost less than traditional locks and will benefit you by adding an extra layer of security to your home. If you’re interested in smart home locks, check out our review on the best smart locks for your home.
Don’t Forget the Spare Keys
Keep keys out of the hands of burglars. If burglars find your spare keys, it can lead to them gaining serious access to your residence, auto, and/or other types of property that utilize lock mechanisms.
It’s important to understand where the key to your place of residence, auto, and more is. Keeping keys hidden outside is a bad idea due to the risk of them falling in the wrong hands. Secure, locked storage may not prevent burglars from breaking through a door, but it could keep others from picking up a key.
Ask yourself these four questions.
Is my spare key likely to be found?
If burglars suspect that you have quick access to a spare key to your doors, garage, and auto, your possessions and even life are at harm’s way.
Read these additional tips for securing your spare keys.
1. Check underneath the mat next to your door entry point and cover up any spare house keys, remotes, or wallets that seem to be there.
2. Ask the post office to hold your mail when you’re out of town. But be sure to pick it up upon your return.
3. Don’t leave extra keys in your car. Rather, ask if a trusted neighbor, family member, or friend can keep a spare key for you.
Tips to Secure Your First-Floor Windows
Most home burglaries happen on the ground floor. So, don’t just secure your second-floor windows. Most burglars enter via the ground floor. By securing your ground floor windows you can ensure that your home is as safe as possible.
Keep reading to learn more about on the first floor windows and how you can properly secure them.
1. Install Window Security Film – A security film is an easy and affordable way to secure your windows. The film works by adding an extra layer of protection to your windows and preventing them from being broken or easily opened.
2. Install Window Locks & Window Bars – Installing window locks and bars is another great way to secure your ground-floor windows. Locks and bars will help prevent burglar windows. These locks and bars are available in different sizes and styles and can be customized to fit your windows perfectly.
3. Invest in Security Shutters – If you want to take extra precautions to secure your windows, you can invest in security shutters. Security shutters are installed over windows and will securely lock when closed. They are more secure than locks and bars and provide better protection against intruders.
4. Keep Your Windows Closed – You should always keep your windows closed when you are not home. This will help prevent intruders from entering your home through an open window. You should also make sure to keep your curtains and blinds closed in order to keep intruders from seeing inside.
5. Install Motion Sensors – Motion sensors can be installed around the perimeter of your home, including near your windows. If a motion is detected, an alarm will sound, alerting you and your neighbors.
6. Install Window Film & Security Film – Window film and security film add extra security to your home and can be installed on the exterior of your windows to provide additional security. The film acts as an additional layer of protection, making it much harder for intruders to break the glass and gain access to your home.
7. Install Security Cameras – Security cameras can be installed around the perimeter of your home, in order to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity. Cameras can be connected to a home security system and can be monitored remotely or on-site.If you own a construction sites, check our post for the best security cameras for construction site business.
8. Install Door Chains – Interior Door chains can be installed on the inside of your doors and used to restrict the opening of your door. This can help keep an intruder out of your home, as they will not be able to get past the door chain.
9. Use Smart Lights – Smart lights can be used around the perimeter of your home and connected to a home security system. They can be programmed to turn on at certain times of the day and night and can be used to alert you to any suspicious activity.
10. Keep Sliding Doors Secured – To bolster the security of sliding doors, we recommend the installation of a safety bar on the interior floor track. Criminals are attracted to these doors due to the feeble latches that can be easily bypassed with a powerful kick to the bottom. If additional protection is desired, a floor bolt or foot lock is the ideal choice.
Keep Your Home Safe at Night
While it’s hard to imagine anything scary happening in your home during the daytime, it’s a different story at night. With darkness comes danger. Fortunately, there are a few home security tips on how to keep your home safe at night, so you can relax over the weekend.
First and foremost, consider installing a motion detector on your individual front door, and all around your property, preferably with multiple. That way, you know when someone is coming and can send a security alert to your phone, so you can find out what’s going on.
There are some outdoor motion sensor lights that you can place around your home to make it safer. Look for one that lights up the entire front yard, and catches the attention of any lurking intruders.
If you have an aged driveway, invest in a motion sensor that yells when someone approaches so you’ll know when someone’s coming. Remember to keep your technology up to date, so you can protect your home when most burglars lurk. Having a security camera system is also a great way to keep your home safe. You can set up cameras in key areas and have the feed sent to your phone, so you can access it anytime, anywhere.
Finally, make sure to keep your windows and doors locked at all times. Reinforce your locks, and replace them if they become worn or outdated. Adding security bars to the outside of your windows can also make it harder for intruders to break in.
What Key Things Should You Consider Before Purchasing a Home Security System?
When it comes to home security systems, there are plenty of options to choose from. So whether you’re shopping for a small DIY version or a professional grade system, it’s important to do a little bit of research into the various options available to you. That way, you can ensure that your home security system is suitable to your needs.
At a minimum, however, home security systems normally include the following:
Base station: This is the heart of a home security system. A base station acts as the point of communication between internal and external components of the system. Given their constant connection with the rest of the system, having a fully functional base station is critical for the proper functioning of your home security system.
Sensor: Like all other components of a home security system, sensors are vitally important. These types of devices are designed to monitor a specific area, and their performance directly determines how well a home security system performs. Having a large range of sensors ensures that, as a homeowner, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from when it comes to choosing the amount of coverage you’d like for your home.
Remote control: From changing the settings of your home security system to arming the system, a remote provides you with the power to control your home security system from the comfort of your couch. If you’re frequently on the go, however, remotes are also useful because they ensure that you have complete control over the home security system whenever you’re away from home.
We’d like to add that your home security system should be tailored to your every need. The following are some additional key things you should consider before purchasing a home security system:
Sensor range: While device coverage is an important consideration, sensor range can also be critical, especially when it comes to outdoor sensors. Poor sensor range could leave you with gaps in your home security system coverage that could lead to potential security gaps. When shopping around for a home security system, make sure you pay attention to the range of the sensors you’re considering.
Security: Most home security companies offer entry-level packages. However, since home security provides a broad degree of protection, a burglar can usually figure out the flaws in the security they put in place relatively quickly. As such, it’s important to make sure that your home security system has top security features, preferably something that will protect your home from a wide range of threats.
Customer Service: It’s important to consider the customer service capabilities of any home security system. This is particularly true for DIY systems, which often offer limited customer service options. Make sure any company you purchase from offers a range of customer support options, including live phone support, online chat, and/or email support.
How to Choose a Good Home Security Company
When you’re looking for ways to protect your home, it’s easy to say, “Everyone needs security!” But you shouldn’t just choose the first service you find.
There are a lot of things to consider, and talking to the experts can help you pick the right system to protect your home. Here are the top 6 criteria to consider when choosing a good and safer home security system:
1. Home security company’s reputation – Check to make sure they don’t have too many negative reviews and have a good online reputation. Choose a company with a good reputation instead of looking at which company will give you the best deal.
2. Alarm monitoring – It’s important to pick an alarm monitoring system that can respond to emergencies before they even happen. You want your alarm to be monitored by a reliable company.
3. Video surveillance systems – A good security system needs to have the ability to see what’s going on inside and outside of your property.
4. Security cameras – When you don’t need a security system, a nice-looking camera can improve your home.
5. Home automation – Smart home technology is becoming increasingly popular, and it’s a smart idea if you want to have more control over your home.
6. Smart locks – Smart locks are a safer alternative to traditional locks that are hard to manage, and ensure that they have access to your home.
It’s clear that protecting your home and family is of utmost importance. At Go Safer Security, we understand that, which is why we strive to provide the best security and home automation services in Maryland. Our team of experienced professionals will help you every step of the way, ensuring that you and your family are safe and secure. From fire alarm installation, repair, and maintenance, to security camera installation to access control systems, Go Safer Security (GSS) provides everything you need for a safer home. So don’t wait any longer – contact us today and let us help you create a home security system that’s tailored to your needs. With Go Safer Security, you can rest assured you have the best protection for your home and family.
Making your home secure and safe is an important step in keeping your family and belongings protected. There are several steps you can take to ensure your home is as secure as possible.
First, install a security system that includes motion doors and window sensors, cameras, and alarm systems. These will help deter potential burglars from entering your home and alert you if anyone attempts to do so. Additionally, make sure all entry points to your home are properly secured with good-quality locks. It’s also a good idea to invest in window locks or bars for any ground-level windows.
Finally, consider adding outdoor lighting around the perimeter of your property. This will help make it more difficult for someone to approach or enter your home without being noticed. Installing motion-sensor lights can be especially helpful since they will turn on when someone approaches the property. Taking these simple steps can help make your home more secure and provide peace of mind that you and your family are safe.
Good home security is essential for keeping your family and possessions safe. When it comes to home security, there are several options available, from basic locks to motion-activated cameras.
One of the most effective ways to secure your home is to install good-quality locks on all your doors and windows. Quality locks can be expensive, but they act as a deterrent to potential intruders and make it much more difficult for someone to break into your home. Installing a deadbolt lock on your main entrance door is especially important, as it will make it much more difficult for someone to force their way into your home.
Installing a security system is another great way to protect your home. A security system can include motion-activated cameras, alarms, and even a monitoring service. With a security system in place, you can rest assured that your home is well-protected against intruders.
Finally, investing in a good home insurance policy is a must. Home insurance provides financial protection in case of theft or damage to your home and possessions. It’s also a good idea to keep your home well-lit at night and to trim any overgrown trees or bushes, as these can provide cover for an intruder.
Good home security is essential for keeping your family and possessions safe. With the right precautions in place, you can ensure that your home remains secure and protected.
Protecting your house without a security system can be challenging, but there are several steps you can take to deter burglars. First, secure your house key. Make sure that you keep a spare key in a secure location outside of your home, and never leave your house key in an obvious location, such as under a doormat. Second, secure your windows and doors. Install deadbolts and use them whenever you are away from home.
Additionally, you can reinforce windows and doors with additional locks, and make sure to keep them locked whenever you are away. Third, you can install motion-sensor lights outside your home, or even consider investing in a home surveillance system. Finally, get to know your neighbors and local police department. Maintaining a good relationship with your neighbors will help them to recognize suspicious activity, and they may be able to alert the police if they do notice something suspicious. You can also alert your local police department to your absence, so they can keep an eye on your home while you are away.
Go Safer Security Positive Feedback from the Customers
- Access Control System (35)
- Alarm Monitoring (4)
- Alarm System (5)
- Business Security System (2)
- Camera (42)
- Commercial Security (4)
- Fire Alarm (6)
- Fire Alarm Service and Life Safety (32)
- Home Automation (32)
- Home Security (52)
- Home Security Tools (20)
- Panel (45)
- Product (10)
- Security System (6)
- Sensor (14)
- Uncategorized (55)
- Video Surveillance (36)
Are you tired of juggling multiple apps and systems to manage your home? Do you long for a simpler and more efficient way to control
In today’s fast-paced world, it’s important to have peace of mind knowing that your home and loved ones are safe, even when you’re away. That’s
Valentine’s Day is a special occasion to celebrate love and be romantic with your significant other. While you’re immersed in creating a memorable experience, it’s
In the present year of 2024, the security landscape is poised for significant advancements and challenges. The convergence of physical and digital security, the rise
Enhance Home Security with Go Safer Security’s Video Doorbell Powered by Alarm.com: The Ultimate Guide
Introduction In today’s fast-paced world, home security is a top priority for homeowners. With advancements in technology, smart home devices have become increasingly popular, offering
Introduction In today’s fast-paced world, ensuring the safety and security of our vehicles is of paramount importance. With advancements in technology, we now have the